4870 Won't Fit in Lian-Li Armoursuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about it, the past 2 cases i had i screwed the motherboard on frm the top... i assumed i did the same for all cases.. apparently not.

Ohwell, i only just blew £600 of pc stuff :)

I'm gonna have to lean towards what waffle is sayin for now. You said you're missing one of the screws in the mobo. I know you said that you did that on the older board as well and it still worked, but that might not always be the case. My first rig did the same sort of thing (shorting out and wouldn't start) cause i forgot one of the standoffs.

Get that screwed in. If it don't work, start goign piece by piece. Try booting with just the cpu in, listen for beep codes if it starts, then put the ram in and try, listen for beeps, then put vid card in and try etc.

3 fans shouldn't make any difference at all when it comes to power requirements.

The power supply smells..burnt. The whole mobo has short circuited, because i screwed the thing in wrong (It was different to my old case, i presumed they were all the same).

So now ive gotta buy a new Power Supply and hope thats the only thing that got damaged.

Get pictures asap I wanna know what you were talking about

Not having my card fit in my case is always a big worry

It does fit, but because i screwed the motherboard onto my metal motherboard tray, it was to short for the card to reach (I didnt realise my epic mistake). I was supposed to screw the grounding posts underneath the board, to raise it off the metal mobo tray (Duh!!!) and thus it would of reached.

Anyway, ALL the soldering contacts touched the metal tray, the 12v and 5v both short circuited which fried everything except Hard Drive and DVD Drive CPU, Ram, Graphics Card,Mobo, Soundcard, PSU...

Ohwell - on the upside, my pc may not work. But **** me it looks sexy in that Lian Li armoursuit :)

OH THATS what you meant. forgot the standoffs. That's deadly.
So it's all toast? Did you test out the other parts in a seperate rig just to make sure?

Oh well, I'm sure you can RMA it all if you word it right lol.

Well, noone else in the house has a PC to support my hardware -.-

I know the PSU is bust, PC won't turn on, so i have no way of knowing if it's all bust for sure, but i think it is. It all smelt burnt.

bummer. wish i could afford to keep my other rig just for sutuations when i need to test the hardware.
well you can always just RMA everything, and worst they'll do is send back the workign parts :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom