The Big Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol sorry didnt mean to come out being an *** or anything

but i didnt ask about anything other than benchmarks, so i don't care much for the q9550

main point being, that my 780i will not like those because this board won't be running 500+ fsb anytime soon for some 3dmark runs... i was looking through the voltages and it is indeed like my old 680i was... so i need the large multiplier

i'm looking through some more scores and i found a 6300 cpu score for a qx6850 at 4.0 ghz

the difference between the 45nm quads and 65nm quads in these 3dmarks is not a large difference....

i fully understand the q9550 will make a large difference in things like winrar and things of the sort... but i'm just looking for some 3dmarks manage with my mobo.... in the end its all down to mobo, i'm stuck on a nvidia chipset.. so i needa live with it :p

and on top of things guru... i think after reviewing some cpu scores... the 1333mhz of the qx6850 gives it better scores than all the other q6600 series because the rest only have 1066 fsb.... because all other q66 series with 4.0ghz only seem to be at the 6000 flat range...

dude the 1333fsb does not make a difference, that's just the stock fsb. A Q6600 at 400x9 will be exactly the same as a QX6850 at 400x9 :)

ya its been a long long day... days... partying... work no sleep... lol i dunno.... looking at everything my q6700 run had some fsb multi everything... i supposed mobo can make up for the other 200 points! don't really care right now.. just hoping the dang chip will do 4.3 ghz 3dmark

i was excited to see 4.0 @ 1.37v... thats dang low ... most i've seen have needed 1.5v and up

then what explains the difference in scores... i guess ram can play a difference...

the difference in scores is caused by transmission delays... when a transistor switches state, the conductor must charge or evacuate... the larger conductors of the 65nm fabs take slightly longer to do this (and have more friction, causing more heat dissipation), which accounts for the differences in performance... in knowing this, we can determine that processes in which many complex mathematical calculations must be made, the smaller fab is better, but where raw calculations speed is essential, the higher clock is, obviously, more important

EDIT: also, you should have to much problem getting 4.3GHz for 3dmark on your water setup... the highest OC i can find is 4.6GHz using straight water... you could take it way further with phase or dry ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom