*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

i'd like to see someone with a fast AMD use liquid nitrogen and overclock it to 6-7ghz and get a 7s superpi time =) that should annoy the intel fanboyism

dont get me wrong intel processors are nice,
=P

but i think superpi tends to favor them, because gaming benchmarks between the new quadcore intel and quadcore AMD are very very close

eh, oh well, i'll be happy with 30s,=P

i was suprised i got 33s, because i tried that SAME setup about 15 different times, and i kept getting 36s,

the very first test was 33s, every test after that was 36~ for some reason

i'd like to see someone with a fast AMD use liquid nitrogen and overclock it to 6-7ghz and get a 7s superpi time =) that should annoy the intel fanboyism

dont get me wrong intel processors are nice,
=P

but i think superpi tends to favor them, because gaming benchmarks between the new quadcore intel and quadcore AMD are very very close

it'd be nice to see... but i dont think thats gonna happen any time soon... the biggest AMD OC yet is 4.3GHz (with an X2 6400+) and the fastest 1M run is 19.922s atm (on a 9950 BE)...

SuperPi does tend to favour intel... this is because intel CPUs have alot more cache than AMD's offerings, which grossly hinders pi calculations using the Gauss-Legendre algorithm (the Chudnovsky method works fine with AMD... more reliant on the clock)

and... ln2 on amd chips is a no no, they have a coldbug and can not operate of under a certain temperature

if i remember correctly they can only operate to something around -70c..... which more than likely a kaskade or anything of that temperature can't handle constant heat load correctly

2.9ghz lol, this has got to be a special amd chip or something, because i dont remember anyone else getting 2.9ghz out of a 3800+ on air cooling

especially considering i dont have voltage controls....

i got one superpi score of 32.500s exactly, but this one was just a little faster, so..---

32453.jpg

=D yay

i got it to boot with 3.0ghz but its not stable, (not even superpi stable)

2.9ghz is stable, for a few minutes =P

2.8ghz is fine for now , untill i can figure a way to bump up that voltage=)

yeah. and i still booted up at 3ghz..

and mine was a brisbane core.

manchesters were alot harder to get oc'd... them s939's didnt seem to work as well.. at least from my experience

well, the brisbane is easier to OC than the toledo=P

3600 brisbanes hit 3ghz=D

it doesnt really matter though because some chips are better than others

im just happy to get 2900

Back
Top Bottom