4870 Won't Fit in Lian-Li Armoursuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This really sucks. My 4870 card easily fits in length wise, however, the brackets that you screw onto the case to secure it at the back of the card near the DVI outputs, hit the case about 7mm before the PCI-E connection is in. Which means i'm totally screwed now.

I tried just bending the brackets back untill it started to pull on any components, which was half successfull, but it still wouldn't go in my about 4mm - and i couldnt bend the brackets any more as it would start to pull on the connections.

The case brackets are to hard to hammer down, or cut off aswell...

Now what the **** can i do :mad: ?

I understand it doesn't fit but can you show me a pic of what you mean by the other stuff?

Do you mean the support brackets made out of plastic? they can just be flicked out after the screw has been removed aswell as the central support bar if you haven't got anything resting on top mind. I assume that is what he means as I also hace a lian li case.

I'll try to take a picture, could be difficult.

Oh it get's better, the PC won't even start. After about 5 attempts the top fan blue LED came on and the fan started for about half a second, and then nothing...

edit:

Nevermind about the Graphics card, i managed to bend a part of the metal on the graphics card (Serves no other purpose than to hold it in place and ground it) And i've made sure it's grounded, it now fits in.

Anyway, more importantly..why won't my pc start..

Do you mean the support brackets made out of plastic? they can just be flicked out after the screw has been removed aswell as the central support bar if you haven't got anything resting on top mind. I assume that is what he means as I also hace a lian li case.

Erm, what support brackets ? there is nothing plastic inside the case :confused: Anyway, that bit doesn't matter now. It's my pc starting up i care about.

Ive got the power switch cable in, ive got the reset switch cable in, ive go the ATX connector in, i've got the ATX +12v connector in - at first i thought it didnt have enough power because of the extra 3 fans compared to my old case, so removed my GPU. No difference, i'm totally confused.

Ive got all the motherboard screws in (That ground it, i beleive) except one in the middle of the board (Because the damned thing wont fit in) But when i removed the mobo from my old case i noticed i had forgot to put a few screws in and it still worked.

Totally, Utterly, Confused.

Maybe i fried my system parts from static :eek: But that's never happened before.

Oh - sorry for the swearing above ! i was more then a little annoyed when it happened :mad:

Umm what do you mean by "you grounded it"?

The graphics PCB board is like the motherboard, it has screws built into the circuitry. In this case the screws attatch the PCB to the metal which normally screws to the pccaseing, i just made sure the pc caseing was touching the GPU like it normally is.

Anyway, my entire PC won't turn on - and there is no on switch on the mobo, ive checked the buttons are connected aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom