Gaming netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

2syk_

Solid State Member
Hey this is my first post so i guess i'll start out by saying hi to everyone on the forums.
So i've had an acer travelmate 8200 series since 2005, which I used pretty much for gaming and lanning, even though it had about 1hr battery life even with powersaving on. It constantly overheated and its finally dead.
I'm looking for something to replace it. If i could have everything i wanted, the computer would be small, have good battery life (something i can take to school), decent graphics and cpu(I like to play wow every now and again, and i like to raid), and be under a grand. I kno i'm asking alot, and theres probably nothing like this out (maybe asus n10j, but that struggles in fps even when overclocked up .16ghz and switched over to nvidia graphics).
So the question is, should get an all in one netbook/notebook/whatever (is there one?) or should i just get a budget desktop and a budget netbook?
Basically its a question about netbooks, so any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

It is possible to find a good small light gaming laptop, but your going to pay for it...

I was trying to do similar but just couldn't find what I was looking for at my price point so I went with a larger than I originally wanted 15" laptop that had good graphics, a decent cpu, and features and looks I liked. Wound up paying about 950 for it.

Hmm. I figured I would be paying upward on my pricerange for whatever it is. I actually got the acer travelheater back up and working again, but this thing burns up like a dry christmas tree so I still want to plan for the future. Maybe this will give me time to wait for a better netbook to come out. The one thing I really do want on a laptop is battery life. I would like something that I would actually be able to use unplugged for at least 6 hours. Throw out any suggestions that sound good. The only reason i'm not looking at current netbooks is because they are so new, and i feel like the one with the right specs might come out in a couple months lol. But thats what happens with technology.

There is no netbook worth buying thatwill score you 6 hours of battery life.

Take a look at some of HP's business laptops paired with their ultra capacity battery.

I have an HP d9000 series with a intel dual core 1.5gh, 2gb ram, 8600gtm, and a 17" screen and I play WoW, cs:s, dod:s, and they play nicely. I'm not to fond of the 17" screen tho, its nice when gaming but I mostly game on my desktop and do school work and such on my laptop. The battery life is extremely low, I takes notes in a class for 1 hour and 45 minutes on power saver and it goes below 1/2 battery life, but i love my hp ^_^

There is no netbook worth buying thatwill score you 6 hours of battery life.

The eee PC 1000ha has 7 hours of battery life *tested*. My 900ha gets 6 hours on occasion, but always gets at least 5 hours.

Plus these two netbooks are some of the highest rated and most recommended.

Although, to the thread starter, netbook and gaming do not go together and probably wont ever go together.

Newegg.com - ASUS U3 Series U3S-A1B NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7500(2.20GHz) 13.3" Wide XGA 1.5GB Memory 160GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G - Laptops / Notebooks
Newegg.com - ASUS F6 Series F6V-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8400(2.26GHz) 13.3" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR2 800 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 - Laptops / Notebooks
That's about as good a value as you'll get for a small notebook. 13" screen and decent dedicated graphics. Doesn't get much better than that. Something similar with a 15" screen is around $800, so considerably cheaper. Dedicated video really drags down the battery life in my experience. It sucks up a lot of juice, even when you're not gaming.

The words gaming and netbook dont really mix, but if your life depended on it, jorsoft03's recommendations would be the closest you could get.

I Liked the Gateway P-7811FX.
Have a look :
Gateway P-7811FX Laptop reviews - CNET Reviews
It's awesome both in case of budget as well as the config.
Only thing it does not have is the Bluetooth. :(

The thread title is Gaming netbook.

Not gaming tank.

He's not looking for a 10 lb 17" laptop.

Not saying it's bad by any means, but it's totally irrelevant to what the OP is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom