Worth a New Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YawgmothsAvatar

Beta member
First off, I am rather incompetent, so please bear with me if I say dumb things.

This is my problem:

I like to play games. My computer does not play games. This makes me very unhappy. I know that a major problem is my video card. I was wondering if it was worth it to get a new video card, or if my computer is so hopeless that I still wouldn't be able to run, say, America's Army or Unreal Tournament 2004.

This is what I am running (If I left anything relevant out, it's due to my flagrent ignorance of hardware):

AMD Athlon Processor
1.33 GHz
512 MB RAM
nVidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Most likely fossilized)

[/painful idiocy]

It ain't just your GFX card there buddy:p

You'll probably need to spend a couple hundred dollars to get that close to your goal:confused:

haha. well u should be able to play a few games, on my 800 mgz with 5200 fx i play generals on MINIMUM at 25-30 fps, hehe i play quake3 at a lots of fps, lol. get a new gfx card if u cant afford a new pc.

YawgmothsAvatar I suggest upgrading to a new video card first. you will be fine with your 1.33 Athlon. I'm assuming your motherboard supports a max 2x AGP so you should have a lot of choices since most new vid cards are 2x compatible. ask a salesman to help you

YawgmothsAvatar said:
Gah. Oh wel... I guess it's Pong for me. :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Actually, Quake 3 Engine games up to Return to Castle Wolfenstein will run quite well on that. You do need to think about upgrading though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom