Question about Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timj92

Beta member
Hey I'm new around here and I'm probably not quite as computer savy as some of you may be but I have a question regarding cooling fans.

I am building a new pc and I'm currently interested in buying this case:

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases

It says it comes with 4 fans, but I'm wondering if these fans are just extra or does it include one that is specifically for my processor. It is my understanding that you need a separate fan for the CPU. Could anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

The fans in the case are provided as case fans.

Cooling System:
1 x 80mm Side Blue LED Fan
1 x 80mm Side Cooling Fan
1 x 120mm Front Intake Fan
1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust Fan
If you're building a new system and you're going to buy a retail boxed processor, then it will come with a CPU heatsink and fan. If you're going to purchase an OEM boxed processor, then you'll need to buy a CPU heatsink and fan separately as well (commonly termed CPU cooler when the CPU heatsink and fan come together).

Hello,

The fans in the case are provided as case fans.

If you're building a new system and you're going to buy a retail boxed processor, then it will come with a CPU heatsink and fan. If you're going to purchase an OEM boxed processor, then you'll need to buy a CPU heatsink and fan separately as well (commonly termed CPU cooler when the CPU heatsink and fan come together).

Thanks for the help, sorry for the stupid question.

Normally CPU cooling fans never come with your computer case. As Alvin said when you buy Retail boxed CPU's you get a fan with it. but OEM is just the CPU chip itself so you'll have to pick up an AMHS (aftermarket heatsink) like a Tuniq 120-ultra/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom