Another build thread, surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT7, there was actually 3 on that page. I wasnt specifically suggesting the S75QB. There were 2 other ones (red and blue silencers), in addition to the mail in rebate, there is also a 15% promo code at the top. So once all is said and done grand total for one of the PCPnC PSU's is $81.24. So a only a difference of $3.25.

I simply suggested the quad core because it will last a lot longer without having to be upgraded. Kind of future proofing his rig. In addition to that as games become more and more demanding and are better able to utilize multi core cpus the 12mb L2 cache will be better able to handle them.

Im not saying that the CPU youre suggesting is bad, its not, its actually a very good one. Just for longevities sake, the quad core overall will last longer and be cheaper in the long run if he decides to upgrade his mobo later on.

Really If anything, he should get a better Mobo. that ones Ok at best, IMO. Whats the point of getting an sli/xfire mobo if it only runs @ 8x in sli or xfire? IMO there is none, get a board with one slot and just get a much better GPU or dual gpu card.

-P.

Ok then, well he can go either way on a psu. Both are good psu's end of story. You came in suggesting a Q9550, that processor is for a more high end build. What he is asking for is a mid-range build which is what I suggested, hence the E8400. Of course the Q9550 will last longer and is some what future proof, but the cost is just too much for a mid-range budget, especially since he doesn't plan on oveclocking.

And that P5Q Pro is a excellent board for the price. Just because it has x8 Crossfire bandwith doesn't make it crap. A lot of good P45 motherboards only support x8 bandwith for Crossfire. So to get full x16 bandwith he would need a x38/x48 chipset. But going x8 to x16 for Crossfire only offers a tangible payoff in higher resolutions. So you won't really notice a difference from going x8 to x16. Also note that he didn't mention that he is planning on a Crossfire setup.

Ok then, well he can go either way on a psu. Both are good psu's end of story. You came in suggesting a Q9550, that processor is for a more high end build. What he is asking for is a mid-range build which is what I suggested, hence the E8400. Of course the Q9550 will last longer and is some what future proof, but the cost is just too much for a mid-range budget, especially since he doesn't plan on oveclocking.

And that P5Q Pro is a excellent board for the price. Just because it has x8 Crossfire bandwith doesn't make it crap. A lot of good P45 motherboards only support x8 bandwith for Crossfire. So to get full x16 bandwith he would need a x38/x48 chipset. But going x8 to x16 for Crossfire only offers a tangible payoff in higher resolutions. So you won't really notice a difference from going x8 to x16. Also note that he didn't mention that he is planning on a Crossfire setup.

You get what you pay for I suppose. I never skimp on my mobo's. Its kind of like building a fancy house with a crappy foundation.
And I think he actually has a larger budget than he let on, and I think he is going ot xfire.
Look here Build look familiar?
-P.

Look here Build look familiar?
-P.

Lol, uh but that is a Mustang forum. Those dudes probably don't even know what they are talking about. That guy says he has "heard horror stories" but never said for which part of his build, so no clue what he is talking about. Actually now that I think about it, he must have ordered from a pre-built site like IBuyPower.com, and probably heard something bad about the site he ordered from. I don't know why you showed me this site to begin with, it has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

But anyways the P5Q Pro is a good motherboard. It's always recommended on this forum.

To be honest I'm not sure what crossfire does for me, I tend to play games like call of duty. I'm not too concerned about getting the highest resolution in a game, just as long as
it looks pretty good. I'm also not so sure on the mobo myself, if I was to get a mobo that would allow future updates in say a few years then I would be willing to pay more. However it doesn't bother me to not have the latest and greatest stuff out, just as long as it'll be quick on vista and future platforms.

Thanks veedubfreak, I'll be sticking to one video card for my build. Not sure if that changes what card you think I should get, but I was wanting it to be in the 100-200 range.

Lol, uh but that is a Mustang forum. Those dudes probably don't even know what they are talking about. That guy says he has "heard horror stories" but never said for which part of his build, so no clue what he is talking about. Actually now that I think about it, he must have ordered from a pre-built site like IBuyPower.com, and probably heard something bad about the site he ordered from. I don't know why you showed me this site to begin with, it has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

But anyways the P5Q Pro is a good motherboard. It's always recommended on this forum.

Well if you look at his name stang2009 , it by no means implies that he has a mustang now does it. And if you look at the original post on the other forum its almost the exact same amount. Just a really odd coincidence perhaps.
-P.

That's not me, yes I do like mustangs but I don't frequent those forums or ask computer questions on mustang forums. Pretty funny though how close the build is to the one I'm looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom