REMOVING ATI Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

StimulateSituate

Baseband Member
okay after running into some micro stuttering problems with my graphics card, i have decided to try reinstalling my ATI r4850 driver.

But i am confused which file i am supposed to uninstall. Is it only ati catalyst install manager?? isnt there something else i gotta uninstall?

Also, i want to revert from directx 10 to directx9c how do i do that?

thanks buddies

Well I'm assuming your using Vista here. You need to either use DriverCleaner Pro or go into your Device Manager and uninstall it manually there. Then install your new drivers.

Well I'm assuming your using Vista here. You need to either use DriverCleaner Pro or go into your Device Manager and uninstall it manually there. Then install your new drivers.

yes i am on vista.

is the driver catalyst control center?

No that comes with the driver but the CCC is more of an options tweaking program. The drivers are called Catalyst drivers.

now should the catalyst driver be located under "uninstall program" section? because i dont see a "catalyst driver" on the list

i was going to use this Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com .. do you think "catalyst uninstaller" is more reliable??

No only the CCC will be under programs. The driver will show up in Device Manager under display adapters. It will show the name of your card.

And either program will work fine.

No only the CCC will be under programs. The driver will show up in Device Manager under display adapters. It will show the name of your card.

And either program will work fine.

now what is more preferable? running the driver and program that is on the ATI site or running the driver and program that is on my gpu manufacturer site (MSI) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom