New graphics card options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipnvn

Baseband Member
I'd like a new graphics card but am a bit strapped for cash now. I don't (obviously) need a high end card, but would like to play some newer games (fallout 3, etc...) at acceptable framerates, even "medium" detail is fine with me. I prefer Nvidia and only have about $125 to spend. what are your recommendations? I've been looking at the 9600GT - it looks pretty good, but am unsure if that's really my best option. What do you think? Thanks!

The 9600gt is fine but if ur wiling to spend a bit more (20-30)$ than the hd4850 wil b a gr8 investment.

Thanks for the great advice guys. I'm giving the 4850 a serious look. I've been away from the scene here for a while and last I had heard ATI was pretty well known for buggy drivers - have things improved? I've always gone with nvidia because of the drivers. Has ATI figured things out now?

I would go with the 4850 also eipnvn it's a great card and should play all those games just the way you want

Plus you can always get a 4870 later or something and go crossfire

instead of having to SLI a 9600 :/

Thanks for the great advice guys. After reading your advice and looking at some benchmarks I'm going with the 4850 after all. I decided that the little bit extra was worth it for what seems like a much better card. So thanks for all the help deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom