Advice for a new Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh are u saying 1600 wont get u a good pc? or a good alienware pc?
casue u can build a very nice comp for like 1400

im saying that $1600, or any amount of money for that matter, isn't worth spending at alienware. they saw me coming 2.5 years ago when i ordered my comp and had no idea about what i was ordering...just that it was good for gaming. just under 4K!!! (with all peripherals including 22" monitor and some games, plus warentee) but comeon...i was dumb.

so live (and get screwed) and learn, and now that i have some knowledge, i can safely say that for $1600 you can build a SWEET pc on your own.

i'm a little bitter toward alienware...but dont get me wrong, if you have the $$ and a LOT of it, hehe, they will build you a good solid machine and send it to your door pretty much ready to play out of the box...just know that what you are getting from them you could be getting from newegg for probably half the price or less.

To answer one of your questions, don't bother spending much on cooling. Really the only reason you need better cooling than stock is if you're going to overclock, and if you're not comfortable building your own PC then you probably won't be overclocking.

is this true? because i am not planning on overclocking anything, but yet i'm trying to figure out a watercooling system for my new build. i'm wondering if im looking at watercooling all wrong. i thought that watercooling was the quietest, most efficient cooling solution for any application, and not just for overclockers. i guess it costs more than air cooling, but knowing that my components are not overheating is good piece of mind for me.

while we are on the subject, what temp is too hot for your components while operating, and what is a comfortable/cool temp that you would want while operating?

DUDE why do you want water cooling if you are not overclocking? Stock heat sink will be more then enough if you don't plan to push your CPU.

But everyone will recommend you a decent after market heatsink anyways. Just in case you gain an interest in overclocking some where down the road.

Check out a new system from a company called Hardcore Computer. ITs a bit more money then you are talking but it is a 100% liquid cooled system. They talk about it being a super computer in a PC box. No worry about dealing with the liquid they take care of it. ITs bound to kick ^&%&% on other systems. And they seem to make it easy to configure it how you want.

Yeah unless you really wanna regret it I'd build the computer myself

You will really have fun and grow on your system and it's easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom