Bluescreen of death prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feanturii

Beta member
As of late I have been experiencing bluescreen crashes, where every active process gets cached and the system restarts. (can't state it any better atm as that's my idea of what happens)

I'm looking for some help in solving this, I have tried download system updates from the Samsung website (as it's a samsung notebook) but to no avail.
Where and how do I find out my system specs in order to get some help with this problem?

Where to start? - Any help is much appreciated!

How often do these crashes occur? Are you doing anything particular when they happen? If you can post your model # we should be able to look up specs easily enough.

Two of the most frequent causes of crashes are bad memory and fragmented or corrupted hard drive. The first thing I would do is run memtest86 to check your ram. Then start looking at your hard drive using either Windows Scandisk or maybe download the free version of Disk Checker. And defrag with Disk Keeper Lite (also free).

These are some general steps but more specific info about your laptop would be helpful. You can download a program called CPU-Z that will document your specs for you and you can post the results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom