The Big Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay tech forums.. here is the big question..

should i get a qx6850.... or a q9550

i'm really stuck between the two

qx6850 for 350... q9550 for 250...

i myself really want the qx6850... because of unlocked multi and guaranteed 4.0ghz at 1.34v or sometihng like that, which is insane for a quadcore 65nm!!!!

anyway, let me hear some opinions

OR BUY NEITHER AND PICK UP A GTX260 FOR SLI.... lol

haha not happening

i can't afford both .... well i can... but then i'd be flat broke and can't eat for two weeks!!!

i think my mind is set on that qx6850.. but we'll see how that goes

yeah definitely get the QX... the unlocked multi is sooo worth it! but it will get a bit hot (thats the only advantage of the yorkie)... but a good WC or Dry Ice setup will get you some SERIOUS clockage!!

>< ...

they are quad core intel processors=)

nosboost is an overclocking addict........ he's trying to decide which one is going to hit the highest score for his buck

i can't afford both .... well i can... but then i'd be flat broke and can't eat for two weeks!!!

Eating is for the weak!! Haha, go the 6850 for sure, like Rich said, if you got the 9550 you'll be always wondering what you COULD have gotten.

It's better to spend the money and think maybe it wasn't necessary, rather than missing out on the 6850.

dude
65nm quad at 4ghz vs a 45nm that will do at the very least like 3.8ghz (more like 4+) and still outperform the 65nm?

65nm is old school, I don't know why people still buy them! Especially if you are into benchng. A 65nm quad is lucky to get over 6000 cpu pts in 3dmark06......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom