Cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
So after a number of power outages and an apparently crappy surge protector, my CMOS is broken. I have to short circuit it to even get the PC running, otherwise I get no visuals at all and my GPU fan just sits there spinning madly. If I do chose to short circuit it it says "CMOS settings wrong" and prompts me to set them in bios. Well, if I do change a single thing it crashes and restarts with the GPU madly spinning and again no visuals. This question is pretty easily answered: Is there any fix? If not...no biggy...I wasn't too fond of that Mboard anyway.

I see you're willing to spend good money on nice boards. To protect that new board, I would invest in a good UPS with AVR. I in my opinion surge protectors are useless in areas where the power is bad. They take a hit a few times and then they don't protect any more.

Yes, I was thinking about that. What sort of money do those run at? $50-$100?

UPS come in all price ranges. Keep your eyes open for free shipping deals as they aren't cheap to ship. Getting one locally may be cheaper. When you get your computer up and running, open up a new thread in the appropriate forum and we'll help you out. They are good investments. You don't want a crappy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom