Building my Rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo1mcool

Baseband Member
I'm currently in the process of building my new computer:
http://www.techist.com/forums/1489360-post10.html

And I am stuck with a few remaining wires.

I bought the Antec 300 case which comes with 2 front USB ports and Audio ports.

I already have plugged in the Reset/Power buttons and the USB. There is a cord still there that has "HDA" printed on it, and another wire connected to that one that says "AC'97".

Since this is my first custom job, I am having troubles figuring out where they go.

As I write this I am looking at the Mobo's User Manual page that has the System Board Layout. Does the HDA cable go into the socket on the board that is titled FrontAudioMic_inLine_outLine??

If so, where do the AC'97 cable go? :confused:

Ok, now that that is out of the way... another question.

What are these cables used for?
http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-136-045-07.jpg
The thick orange ones on the right. I see where on the board they plug into but have no idea what device they are used for.

On the Board Layout the picture describes the slots they go into as IDE and FDD.

Last question...

Does this heatsink looking device go where the green arrow is pointing?

If so, do I need to apply something like Thermal paste or just attach regularly.

Any and all help would be awesome!

i have a fealing ur not reading all the way through ur motherboard manual cuz it will tell u all this... READ UR MANUAL

hda and ac97 are for your case audio ports

yes it goes in the frontaudiomic_....

dont plug in the ac97 one just tuck it away

the top right orange cable is used to hook up harddrives that are ide interface. the botton orange cable is used for hookin up floppy disk drives

and yes the heatsink goes where ur pointing and yes ust thermal paste. but also ur board should have a manual that came with it telling u how to attach the heatsink.

Thanks for the help.

It's funny, right after I read your reply I flipped open my manual straight to the page with the info referring to IDE and FDD. I feel kind of stupid for that.

I don't have a floppy or a hard drive with an IDE interface = 2 less wires to worry about, yay.

Kudo for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom