30" dell ultrasharp on XPS m1710

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluG.

Beta member
Hey everybody, just a quick question, I am in the market for an external monitor for my dell xps m1710, and looking at the dell 30" ultrasharp. It runs a resolution of 2560x1600 and I am not sure that my laptop will be able to run it. The laptop has a 512mb nvidia geforce go 7950 GTX. AND is this a good gaming monitor? Thanks,

-Jake

you'll be able to run it, almost all gpu's can run at any resolution, (older ones thats not true) but gaming at that resolution will be hard. depending on what games you play, you won't be able to max it out on a 30"

also dell makes some of the best monitors in my opinion so you should be good. just check out the contrast ratio and the response time and make sure the response time is under 5ms and the contrast ratio is pretty high, and you'll be good to go.

That is going to be one beautiful monitor. Your laptop has a great graphics card as far as laptops go, so you should be good to go. As already stated, don't expect to max out games at the native resolution, not even some of the best rigs would be able to do that at that resolution with games such as crysis.

Thanks a lot, I am actually kind of leaning towards a 24" ultrasharp now, just for the drastic price difference, however it has a response time of 6ms, should I be worried about input lag with 6ms response time? I plan to run it with a DVI to HDMI cable, this will help right? Thanks, if anyone has any better ideas for gaming monitors around 24"+ enlighten me! Thanks a lot,
-sluG.

I'm not so sure the Dell 30" will work with the laptop.

IIRC it requires a dual link DVI connector, something most laptops lack.

Try looking up if your laptop has it.

I have the 22" and love it.

Just big enough that you don't need to turn your head to game.

Dell and Samsung are the same thing, so if you see a good Sammi for cheap, it'll do. However, Dell has alot of free shipping so.

22 ain't enough!!!

i promise once you go bigger you'll never go back..

smallest i'd go now is probably a 24... but i'd go with the hanns-g 28... love that monitor

the acer 24 inch with 3000:1 dynamic contrast is also nice

but now i game on a 40inch samsung lcd tv :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom