Antec Skeleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only ddr3 that i think should be picked up is ddr3 1600... anything under that.. i feel is a waste...

i hated my ddr3 1333.. was a piece of garbage...

and with triple channel... even using ddr3 1066 will show great improvements over ddr2 1066.. even with garbage ddr3 latencies

and isnt ddr3 supposed to be reaching a new jedec standard because of nahalam volt standards

we should be getting cheaper undervolted ram with the same speed specifications soon enough

so here's what im planning on running:

Intel X38
Core 2 Quad (no overclock atm.)
2 x 8600 GTS in SLI (as i already have one it would be cheaper for me to grab another and im not running games like crysis or w.e at max resolution and all that nonsense)
2 hard drives
1 cd/dvd drive (possibly 2)
and then ill prolly get the Antec 1200 case so all the fans in there..

would this psu run it?

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

regards.

PSU would be savage overkill.

500W would handle it just fine.

Why the x38? You cannot run sli on an intel board. Sell you 8600gts and grab a cheap 9800gt.

how come i cant run SLI, i have 2 PCI express x16 2.0 slots and 1 PCI express x16 slot =S...im prolly just noob like that though lol

anyways yeah i prolly wont be doing SLI anyways, was thinking about getting a 8800, maybe 9800. dunno yet.

how come i cant run SLI, i have 2 PCI express x16 2.0 slots and 1 PCI express x16 slot =S...im prolly just noob like that though lol

anyways yeah i prolly wont be doing SLI anyways, was thinking about getting a 8800, maybe 9800. dunno yet.

Only Nvidia chipsets support running SLi, Intel chipsets only support Crossfire.

that's weird heh, anyways, no worries about SLI.

checked out some 9800 GTs and found this one.

Newegg.com - PNY VCG981024GXEB-FLB GeForce 9800 GT Hybrid Power 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or would it be better to get one of the ones with 128 stream processors (not sure how Asus is with graphics cards) but there is open box on newegg for 105...as apposed to 1 gig of memory?

oh and how's this PSU?

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

im looking at having a little extra power just incase i get an even better graphics card later on down the road.

would there be any reason to maybe even go for the 9800 GTX +?

cool, yeah, newegg has the 9800 GTX+ for the same price as the GTX after mail in rebate. it all depends on what the prices are when i get all this, hopefully ill get paid on the 15th of november.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom