To All You SUV Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Ok, so as most know I have a 10k USD budget to look at cars.. and I've really been considering SUV's lately (Ya I know crappy mileage and whatnot..)

So I was wondering, do you think for a teen, its a decent starting car (I'm training on my Dad's 1999 Nissan Quest) or this talk of high center's of gravity a Sedan would be better?

SUV's are more for a family. A 1st car for $10k. I know it sounds like a "sports car" but have you looked into WRX's.

I don't know where you live so snow might now be an issue, but it is AWD. It's a 4 cylinder that gets good gas mileage. 4 door if that is worth anything. That and they look really good. ;)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

That's just my opinion though.

Blazer, Trailblazer. Owned one of each. Great SUV.

I wanted a Blazer.. then looked at the P IIHS rating it got! lol

I was thinking something along these:

Oldsmobile Bravada (Don't laugh)/Chevrolet Trailblazer (same thing pretty much)
Mazda Protege/Ford Escape/Mercury Mariner (same thing again)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Subaru Forrester

No need for an suv man.

wrx's are nice...and good on gas like lance said. Enjoy your age...when you get older and need a vehicle to move the whole family around get a real suv like an Expedition or Navigator.

No need for an suv man.

wrx's are nice...and good on gas like lance said. Enjoy your age...when you get older and need a vehicle to move the whole family around get a real suv like an Expedition or Navigator.

I'm not a family guy... yet (btw no pun intended..)

I guess I'll hit some sedans.. I like that Subaru Impreza WRX

I'm just drive our 1990 mazda protege or 1997 lexus lx450. I prefer driving the lexus, its a good suv to drive, gets 15 mpg.

The only reason I would think a teen would need an SUV is if they are driving themselves to and from college. Other than that, I think a regular sedan would be fine.

My dad got a Rav4, and it's an excellent SUV. It gets like 26 mpg, has great safety, amazing handling, and it's affordable. It also isn't too big, so it's easy to park in a spot, but it's got a LOT of space. It's also very comfortable to ride in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom