Nervous First time computer builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chan74

Solid State Member
My husband has taken over my computer with his work meaning less time for Wow, that cant do.. So I've taken some courage to build my own this is what ive picked so far.

CPU Q6600 ‰¿Ši.com - ƒCƒ“ƒeƒ‹ Core 2 Quad Q6600 BOX ‰¿Ši”äŠr
MOTHERBOARD P5Q DELUXE ‰¿Ši.com - ASUS P5Q Deluxe ‰¿Ši”äŠr
RAM4GB DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB 2枚組‰¿Ši.com - UMAX Pulsar DCDDR2-4GB-800 (DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB 2–‡‘g) ‰¿Ši”äŠr
HDD500G SATA300 7200 ‰¿Ši.com - HGST HDP725050GLA360 (500G SATA300 7200) ‰¿Ši”äŠr
CASE P180 ‰¿Ši.com - ANTEC P180 ‰¿Ši”äŠr
PSU EarthWatts EA-650 ‰¿Ši.com - ANTEC EarthWatts EA-650 ‰¿Ši”äŠr
VIDEOCARD GF8800GT ‰¿Ši.com - Œº￾lŽuŒü GF8800GT-E512HW (PCIExp 512MB) ‰¿Ši”äŠr

Will that work? Will the cpu and the motherboard be ok together?

Another option i could take..
EN9600GT ‰¿Ši.com - ASUS EN9600GT/HTDI/512M/R3 (PCIExp 512MB) ‰¿Ši”äŠr

I just want to play WOW and later in life have the stuff to upgrade if needed

Thanks for your time in looking into here
Money isnt a problem, but would like to keep some for my sons Wii :)

Anyone?
Sorry the links are in newegg. Im living in Japan so I have to use the that site.

Anyone advice me?

Thank you for that...Just need someone to check over it.

I'll start ordering the parts straight away. I'll tell you how I get on with it.

((bow))

Change the Cpu to a Q9*** series they run cooler and are faster then a Q6600. Never heard of that brand of harddrive and can't read Japanese to navigate that site. Look for a Seagate barracuda 7200.11 a Western digital or Samsung formula harddrive. Never heard of that ram manufacture look for G-skill or Corsair or OCZ. That gpu will play WOW fine. You have forgotten two things operating system (windows/ linux/ OSX) and an aftermarket cpu cooler I would go with either an arctic freezer 7, sunbeam core contact freezer or thermaltake ultra 120.

Yes sorry about that, i cant get Newegg to deliver to Japan.
I was just thinking about what other stuff i might need,

Of course i'll need a montior, keyboard and mouse, thats just basic stuff.

Operating system will be, Windows

CPU cooler won't it already have one? when I buy the CPU, doesnt it come with it?

Anything else I might have missed?

Am i setting up a system that is too over the top for WOW?

I just wonder why they have so different voltage for the power supply unit? Is 650 too much?

So do you think ive gone over the top with that spec? I should be cutting down the power?

So do you think ive gone over the top with that spec? I should be cutting down the power?

If it is only designed to play WoW, and not any other more advanced games, then yes you can cull it a bit. I would say get an E8400 (even a E7300 would be fine) and a cheaper motherboard like a Gigabyte EP43-DS3, or even a P35-DS3L which is a bit older but still good. There is no point spending more than you have too.

EDIT: Oh and you could change that PSU down to an Antec Earthwatts 380w, or if you go with the original build a 430w. 650w is not needed for your pc.

EP43-ds3 or p35l would be great cheap mobo for you. i rec the following which will keep you going and playing wow easily at a nice price.

e7300
ep43
af7 cooler or core contact if overclocking heavily
4gb gskill PQ
9600gt

pretty much wat other guys been saying a nice good revision computer to overclock with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom