my new build..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linxeos

Beta member
Ok I have not built a computer in over 4 years, last one was a 3200 xp amd machine with 1 gig of ddr; and this was when that was rolling lol.

So here is my idea of a new build; just let me know if I am going in the right direction, this is going to be running vista 64-bit ultimate edition:

AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition
ASRock AOD790GX/128M OR Asus M3A78-T
4 2x2g (8gigs) sticks Kingston Hyper X DDR 1066

Haven't narrowed down a vid card yet going to get something with HDMI capabilities, not even sure if that comes standard now.. any ideas will do, the hdd will be a Seagate SATA 320 g size.

Well let me know if I am on the right track, any thing that would be better than the items stated let me know.

BTW: this will be a strict gamming system.

8gb is dumb. 4gb will suit you fine. amd is behind in the running so i would recommend going for intel. an e8400 is a great choice and will let you oc very well. the ATI 4850 or 4870 are great choices for graphics cards, as is an nvidia gtx260 core 216. for a mobo, get a biostar ip45. great board, great overclocker.

in regards to your hdmi comment, are you going to use a big screen/large lcd for your monitor? Otherwise you won't get a lot in terms of signal comparison between dvi or hdmi.

hdmi is nice when you have a large system, say, you want to run the 1080p/i video from your dvd player into your television? Well how about high definition sound? Those will be run through one cable, there are all sorts of things you can do with that configuration.

Are you going to use a 10k hard drive at all? more rpms and faster seek times are a plus and the TB drives are coming down in price by a great deal, makes large game installs ideal in the long run.

^^ There's no pint in getting a 10k rpm drive since most of the newer 7200rpm drives offer similar performance and are cheaper.

Ok looked a few of the items posted decided on the intel core 2 quad q9550 yorkfield, the biostar tpower i45. 4 gigs of ddr 1066 ocz reaper hpc, a gigabyte GV-R4850C - 1GH Radeon vid card and a seagate 250 gig 3 gig/s sata. I have a 750 w psu to handle the items, a 64 bit audio card, dvd player, and a spare ata 500 g 7200 rpm hdd, should I use this hdd in the system or do I have chances of it slowing the system down, was only going to put music, movies and pics on it. And I forgot, the vid card didnt NEED hdmi capabilities.. the monitor has an hdmi output and id rather that over the dvi or other hook ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom