Good time to buy a good graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
My friend asked my a tough question today that I couldn't answer, so i thought that i could come here and ask.

this question is generally for the Canadians out there. With the Canadian dollar dropping down fast (and the prices going up), when should my friend buy his graphics card from a store? Should he wait until the economic slump is over, or should he buy the card now before it goes higher?

the price for the card he wants, and palit hd 4850 ( both of us love that card, I already have it and he want it), has gone up around 40 dollars in the last 2 months, without tax ( tax here in Quebec is really high as well, 12.5%), from 195$ to 235$ ( I feel really sorry for him, he was planning to buy it at 195$ at the store because he had the money, but he couldn't that day because he had family problems to deal with, the next day he came back and the price was up by 15 dollars).

So... Should he wait? he doesn't want to get swindled out of cash, but he also really wants to play new games like crysis on his own computer ( he is running on an integrated card right now, hehe)

Give it like a month and see how prices are then. If they are only worse.......... lets hope it doesn't get there.

Yeah hope it dosen't get worse :(

Thank god i missed the hike in prices by a couple days,My 9800gt cost me $150 and my mobo $95.

Looked on the site of the store i got it from and they went up to $185 & $109 :eek:

yea i grabed my 8800gts for 199.99 before the prices whent up this week end when the sale finishes, the dollar is bad after that its going up to 239. and thats it goign to be onsale :( i wanted a gtx260 but they run close to 400$ now and the only gtx260 at futureshop for 279.99 was a bfg and it was out of stock :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom