Buy MacBook now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it wasn't cheaper, just that the price difference is overblown.

Your also forgetting things like the battery size, the build quality, and some apple only features, like the magsafe power connector which is probably the best laptop innovation in years.

The price difference then in my eyes is entirely justifiable.

In my opinion those apple only features wouldn't justify a $20 price difference much less a $75 one, and that's assuming all the other hardware was equal, which it's not.

Also if you want to use any windows apps you have to add $100 for vista HP to the cost of the mac.

You can get the inspirion with a 9 cell battery for the same price as the mac so it has the advantage in battery life as well.

You really wouldn't spend an extra $20 on improved build quality, better battery life, and a power cable that breaks away if you ever trip on it?

You ever had a laptop where the charging cable yanked it off the table or worse, broke the internal power header? That feature is worth it's weight in gold...

The Inspiron has good build quality, and with the 9 cell battery it should also have better battery life. I have to use Windows for my current classes anyways.

The power cable wouldn't be a concern for me since I want good enough battery life on my next laptop that I wouldn't need to carry the charger with me very often. Even with my current laptop that doesn't have very good battery life I have never had the charger pulled out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom