New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so easy some people on here built computers when they were 12 and some forum members are 12 lol. Its honestly very simple everything is designed to fit in a certain place and slots make it nearly physically impossible to put something wrong. No soldering is needed its just simple plug and play then secure with a screw takes me about 15 mins to build a computer now after doing mine and friends so often.

If you want to get one custom made then go to your local pc guy and he will probably charge 5-10% premium to build it for you. I think its a bit pointless to do it that way though you end up paying him $100 for 10 mins work which is simple labour rather then taxing mentally.

Its so easy some people on here built computers when they were 12 and some forum members are 12 lol. Its honestly very simple everything is designed to fit in a certain place and slots make it nearly physically impossible to put something wrong. No soldering is needed its just simple plug and play then secure with a screw takes me about 15 mins to build a computer now after doing mine and friends so often.

If you want to get one custom made then go to your local pc guy and he will probably charge 5-10% premium to build it for you. I think its a bit pointless to do it that way though you end up paying him $100 for 10 mins work which is simple labour rather then taxing mentally.

That's easy to say if you know what you what you are doing. My son is trusted around nuclear reactors, but I wouldn't trust him around my PC.:laughing:

I thank you for all your help but I think I am going to go the lazy and for me, much more safe route, and purchase a relatively cheap PC that will just upgrade me a little. I am looking at these 3 currently, but other than how many GB of RAM and harddrive they have I really cannot tell the difference between them.

If somebody could just take a peek at them for me and let me know if the more expensive ones are necessary, for instance if I would have to buy a new video card on the cheaper one anyway, etc.

I have not limited my search to these PC's, as I said I am willing to spend more than they cost, but for since I don't do anything that requires lots of computer stuff I figured these would do, please tell me if you don't think they would be sufficient. Thanks again.

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER GS-905 Core 2 Duo E8400(3.00GHz) 4GB DDR2 320GB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER GS-505 Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB DDR2 320GB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer 501E-I Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2GB DDR2 250GB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Windows Vista Home Premium - Desktop PCs

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer 901EL-III Core 2 Duo E8400(3.00GHz) 2GB DDR2 250GB NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Windows Vista Home Premium - Desktop PCs

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer 912TL-I Core 2 Duo E8400(3.00GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

Go with the first one but ou would need to swap out the cpu cooler, psu, gfx card. If your going to be lazy you would be better off going to your local computer guy and paying him to build it for you that way you won't have the effort nor the added expense of upgrading a stock pc

Ok i didnt know that I would need to do all that stuff, it's starting to seem like it would make more sense to just do it myself. If it is really just plugging things in, I am sure I could find it out in a couple hours of guessing. I guess if worse comes to worse if after a few days I can't figure it out then I could always go to a local pc guy as a last resort.

Now comes the part I am really going to need some help with, because I have zero clue where to go from here, the only term I understand from browsing the forums is bottlenecking, and it's an industry term for me and I assume it isn't a good thing to have in the computer world either. So if you could give me some guidance for parts to ensure I don't waste money on things I am not going to use that would be awesome, thanks.

BTW this forum is awesome, very few forums have people this friendly willing to help you out.

Yes we are friendly but we rarely agree on anything lol :). So you have a max budget of $1000

Cpu: E8400 - core2duo because its fast, runs cool, cheaper then a quad and potentially faster then any quad in current games
Mobo: P45 chipset is good alot of people on here like the biostar version. I use an Asus striker 2 formula 780i again very good board imo.
hdd: 320gb seagate baracuda 7200.11
Os: xp Media centre edition or vista home premium this changes your amount of ram either 2gb or 4gb respectively
gfx: 4850 512mb should keep you golden on diablo3 without breaking a sweat you could save money and get an 8800 gts. Dw about which one basically the only thing that changes between brands is a sticker on the fan
psu: 550W would be ample there is a guide here to brands (you would come in the mid-end gaming so 2 lists to choose from:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-137927/
Cpu cooler: arctic freezer 7
Any optical drive is good, also any case you like the look of it is you who has to live with it

now find those parts on Newegg :p

And repost a draft list so that we can change any flaws

motherboard: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
If you get xp get Media centre edition 2005 as its xp pro with a couple of extras and its usually cheaper.With xp you will need 2gb of ram g-skill, corsair and OCZ are some of the best brands. If you get vista get home preium 64bit then get 4gb of the g-skill pi black ram. Vista uses the ram in a different way to xp and 4gb is the most efficient amount. Make sure you get the 64bit version or else not all the ram will be used its a hardware addressing issue.

Optical drive is a dvd drive any brand will do if its a brand name you recognise it will do fine as theres not that much difference between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom