Purchasing a BAMF laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpacer

Beta member
Hi, I think it'll help if I just write an aggregate definition of who I am and what I'm looking for hehe.

Basically, a laptop able to handle any game up to date--but not necessarily an alienware laptop that is too powerful and far, far too expensive for my budget. Thus, a good graphics card.

I want it to have at least 4 gigs of RAM so I can multitask and not worry about lag at all--ever..

Definitely PC.

Beyond this I'm not really sure what to look for--if anyone could post a link to a page with a suitable laptop for what I'm looking for--if anyone could take the time--that'd be wonderful..

Thanks in advance

Oh yea, so far I've found this NEW Sony VAIO VGN-NS150J/W Laptop 250GB 4GB T5800 - eBay (item 150305726959 end time Nov-22-08 23:37:39 PST)

Anyone think it's worth it? I couldn't really tell if the graphics card was deft.
Can someone let me know? I don't even know how much MB it has hehe--graphics card that is.

okay, so you want an Alienware type of computer without spending that kind of money? huh? Dude don't go buying something off ebay you don't even know what it is... If you want a powerful laptop that is affordable go with HP or DELL if you want something really BADazz for games and stuff go online and build an affordable gaming platform at Alienware or something such. And when you say PC you mean as apposed to mac? in which case...go AMD processor dual core with an ATI graphics card. and if you want 4gb you will have to make it a 64bit PC. So go amd64.

don't blow your money on a crap ebay computer. if you can't afford alienware or something like that, go with a nice entertainment laptop from HP they are great i have 2 nice ones.

For an awesome gaming laptop take a look at the offering by Dell in terms of their XPS line, ASUS, MSI, or some of the higher end HP and Lenovo laptops. Don't settle for anything lower than a 8600gt or 9400gt for a graphics card, 4gb's of ram is overkill for the most and can only even be fully utilized with Vista 64 Bit.

In terms or processor's any Core 2 Duo chip faster than 2ghz is pretty much perfect for what you're looking for.

For a gaming laptop that can run all the games out there, be prepared to drop upwards of $1500 bucks. A decent gaming laptop similar to what I'm using has an 8600gt and costs around $900.

-aspire

My price rang is around 1500 for it but if you say you have a computer that's 900 and works great for games then that's all I'll probably need..
You think you could shoot a link to something similiar to your computer?

Long as it can run most mmo's in high def with no lag that's all I want.

And if there were just an example of a high end gaming laptop that'd be nice..

I look myself but whenever I find one I'm not really sure if it's good or not hehe.
Sorry

That laptop you linked to has integrated graphics... meaning it can't play ANY current games.

This is the kind of laptop you should look into:
Newegg.com - ASUS M50 Series M50Vm-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8400(2.26GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS - Laptops / Notebooks

Actually, thats probably what I would buy in your position. There are also some even higher end asus laptops on newegg as well that aren't ridiculously priced. Notice that laptop has a 9600M graphics card, which should be able to handle any mmo on high settings, and all other current games at medium-ish.

That laptop looks perfect^^
Only thing I couldn't tell is what type of RAM is had.. I know 4gig but.. DDR2 or 3 and stuff.. Even though I really don't know what it means completely..
I know sometimes it does matter what type it is.

Anyways i have the same laptop at Aspire has and it plays games like a dream. ON eve online i get a steady 50 to 60 FPS with premium graphics and almost max settings. So it should handle most any MMO with ease. It has 2 gigs of ram and it ran vista fine. Although my highest price i was willing to go was 1000 and no higher. So get something better if you can. OH and the laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad.

Keep it clean. Rule #1. Respect for the indivual. If it gets out of ahnd anymore i will personally lock down this thread and hand out infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom