fall out 3 thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking this game so far.
very unique but retro feel to the game.
I'm running it on XP DX9, 1280x960, 8xAF, 4xAA , other settings to mid-hi on single 7800GTX512.
and I get 35-65FPS which is by far looks and feels better than any other newer games.
I'm surprised that it runs smooth with even lower and older GPU.
maybe it's because DX9. (still looks fantastic)

anyway, this game is highly recommended so far.
but one thing is that this game isn't really a straight FPS like you can run and blast through.
it is still an RPG and you need to pay atention to what NPC says if you really want to enjoy the game and the atomospher.

i want this game for PS3, but i feel bad because my Oblivion is collecting dust now, so if i had time to play this i should really finish that one first lol

and this month i've already bought 3 games (silent hill: homecoming, dead space and little big planet)...which is really more than i planned to, **** you october for having so many great games

Yea, I picked this up last night but haven't had a chance to play it. I do have a question which will determine which OS I put it on. Is the game DX10? I'm too lazy to search the web for info...

You could just install it on both. Thats what I did when I was dual booting.

You could just install it on both. Thats what I did when I was dual booting.
Yea, but I'm pretty anal about installing a ton of crap on my PC. If it doesn't HAVE to be there then it's not. Really though...it's not like DX10 is such an amazing leap from DX9 so sometimes I run a DX10 compatible game on XP just to get a little better performance or to actually have the game run stably. Assassin's Creed was like that for me. The game refused to run right in Vista so I just played it on XP and seriously, the difference in visual quality was minimal.

Got it earlier today, been playin it for the last few hours. So far, the game's incredible. it just put far cry 2, fable 2 and dead space way on the backburner.

The game is a beast to run too. I can just barely max it all out at 1920x1200, but it's not quite as smooth as i'd like it, stutters in combat. Gonna try a better overclock, but gotta cut down the draw distance in the meantime. Harder to run than crysis lmao. might just be the lack of motion blur making it not look so smooth though. Too lazy to actually check fps.
Game itself looks bloody fantastic. screenshots didn't do it justice at all.

anyhow back to playin XD

whent to pick it up sold out everywhere even best buy and fs, eb was a no brainer checked anyway sold out, but what you have said has made me glad i picked up a second 8800gts for sli.

lol. i'm thinkin about grabbing a 4870 for crossfirex LOL.
Probably won't though, rather grab an iphone :/

Also, it'll probably run it much better in dx9, but if the option for dx10 is there i refuse to not use it. lol.
I guess I could always turn AA down as well, I just remembered I had it set to max after i read boomsticks post LMAO.
Meh.
Game is serious buisness. I LOVE the fact that you can do it in First person. I hate third person games. I realized that when I tried to play dead space. I hated all the resident evil games too heh. Third person just feels so clumsy and unresponsive.

Only reason I feel bad is cause I just forked out 67$ for fable 2 and now it's sitting on my shelf. heh.

This game has great replayability, too.
You could be a extremely good guy or the opposite, kill entire town population on every town or save them, be a melee only guy with super strength, or be a stealth/sniper guy.
freedom to choose your playing styles are big "+" for those kind of game.

This game has great replayability, too.
You could be a extremely good guy or the opposite, kill entire town population on every town or save them, be a melee only guy with super strength, or be a stealth/sniper guy.
freedom to choose your playing styles are big "+" for those kind of game.

stealth/sniper guy ftw, also i love this game its preaty much the oblivion engine btu better i get a constant 60fps, with 4x aa, 8x af 1280x1024 with ultra high settings :D i get stuttersometiem but its because i have 1gb of ram its doing it to all my games since i have had the 2gb die on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom