Hello Everyone,new need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

[213]BloodLust

Solid State Member
Hello guys. New to the forums. I'm building a gaming computer,it's got 6 80m fans i just got my Asus k8v se deluxe mobo, i was wondering, I read somewhere that it is a good idea to power up your motherboard without cpu,memory,etc. Is this a good idea to check for shorts? Said to listen for beeping codes.

My gaming name is above i mostly play ut2k4,awaiting men of valor;)

help is much appreciated.

It is not good to power up your motherboard without cpu, memory, etc. This will cause absolutely nothing to happen, and all kinds of beep codes. The best thing to do is plug in all your hardware, then listen for beep codes. Hopefully it just boots up. I dont know where you heard this ridiculous thing at but sounds to me like you been hanging around the wrong places.

lol ok well i just threw that book out the window. I was think of an amd athlon 64 3200 is this a good pross. How big a gain are you getting from a 3000?

Probably not all that much, just a little lighter pocketbook... Although i could be wrong so dont quote me on it...

dude horris i love ur sig hella funny, but yea really it might even be possible to damage sumtin, if not anything important then ur speaker might blow from the beeps, lol.

I bought a upgrade and repair book to get some basic knowledge
before i attemted to build. i think it may be a little outdated,it said to power your motherboard up before you put in the cpu,memory,or hardware,and you'd hear a series of beeps. If it beeps a certin code you know your mobo is ok and ready for more. The only way to short out a mobo is to plug something or force something in the wrong slot right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom