Not open for further replies.

skele89

Baseband Member
Ive just built a new computer, here are its specs:

- Q9550
- 4GB ram
- Asus 4850 OCed at 700Mhz
and running vista home premium 64bit

Im not getting lag due to my internet connection, its just my fps. And this has only started happening since i started using my new 22" widescreen. Obviously this is the reason why ive suddenly started getting poor fps, but i didn't expect this to happen with this rig?

Ive got all the settings on max in source and im running 1680 x 1050 resoultion too. If i set the settings lower i get better fps but i want highest settings!

Can anyone make any suggestions?

ur system should be able to max the game out no problem at 1680 x 1050, what fps are u getting?

maybe try closing out some background aps

Hmmm what a strange problem, try updating your drivers sounds like somethings up...

or maybe your getting so much FPS in CS source with the 4850 that its actaully causing it to lag?...just a theory...

u can go in the console and type fpsmax_1000 so it isnt capped at 300 also. I would check the card temps and update drivers. U should max out no problem...

Thanks for your replys guys - such a relief to hear that this is a strange problem, i thought id built a crummy machine!

My PS WAS dropping as low as 50 fps last night but i played again this morning and i reset all the settings to highest and it was running absolutely fine - no worries. I already updated the drivers before i got the new screen. I have also capped the FPS at 300 so Gabbs theory doesn't apply -haha. I even over clocked the video card further to 730MHz and temps were still below 60 degrees C and all things were stable. What are safe temperatures to be running at everyday?

Mystical vista must have been running backround services that i didn't know about or something... Id still like to know what it was.

Vista performs functions called indexing in order to make certain commonly used programs run faster. It could have been doing that while you were playing CSS. Although, with your rig that really shouldn't matter, you should be able to max out even with the indexing. To be on the safe side, I would try to disable indexing just to see what happenes (google it).

Vista performs functions called indexing in order to make certain commonly used programs run faster. It could have been doing that while you were playing CSS. Although, with your rig that really shouldn't matter, you should be able to max out even with the indexing. To be on the safe side, I would try to disable indexing just to see what happenes (google it).

Your right, i should be able to run a virus scan while running css! But it is running fine now, dont know what was happening the other day, but the problem has gone away (rhyme ha).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom