BTX boards a first look!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually BTX will be more overclockable. It will allow for cooler temperatures which means more overclocking.

lazerman, what are u, one of those ppl who gets paid pocket change to spead hype about a product? or did u just not read any of the articles?

there is no Magical Heat eating Monster inside a BTX bourd... all it is, is a better design mostly to produce quieter systems... example, like what was shown in 1 of the articles- intel used a Passive heatsink in the BTX system, with 1 intake, and 1 outake, to produce a quieter system.

so esentualy theres nothing different between BTX and ATX except its layout.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD is prolly actually pritty smart for not switching over so quickly.

since thy run at a much lower frequncy then intel, it makes sence that thy wouldnt need as much cooling.(thats mostlikely y intells making the push on BTX)

also, AMD would prolly benifit from using the popular standard if BTX is not required.. price, avalibility, compatibility with your current case.

Did you not read any of the articles?!?
Everything has been arranged for better airflow and cooling is alot better.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1876

The link I just posted states this on one of it's pages-
"The redesign of the board layout was done in order to improve airflow through the system; moving the CPU to the "front" of the case allows it to be right next to the intake fan, giving it the coolest air out of any component in the system. You will then notice that the chipset is directly in line with the CPU, allowing airflow over the CPU's heatsink to be channeled over those heatsinks as well before exiting the case. This direct line of airflow allows for very efficient cooling of not only the CPU, but the voltage regulators, chipset and graphics card."

lazerman - no offence, but youra moron.
-----------------------------------------------------------
airflow for BTX is made more convenient. (do u overclock your components without any modification[;) cough;) moron cough])
------------------------------------------------------------
when i put together my ATX system, it will have better airflow then BTX.. does that mean ATX is more overclockable.. no its called case airflow design ,cough moron ;) ;)

then i guess i'll wait for thermaltake to make the tsunami BTX compatible . . .

so many new technologies . . . my head is spinning!!

Yes I have overclocked before without mods and it's been stable. And no I'm not a moron, these are going to be the new standard meaning you won't have to buy high dollar stuff to keep things cool. It will be relatively cool stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom