Missing Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackmoris99

Beta member
Not sure if I'm in the right place here, but I thought I would give it a try.

This just happened within the last week, I have no idea why. When I go to the "My Computer" menu, all of the drives (except C: and H: ) show up as "Removable Disk." This title was formerly reserved for my flash drive when I plugged it in, but now there are 5 "Removable Disk" drives.

Also, when I put a CD in, it no longer boots up automatically and when I plug in my flash drive the window no longer pops up automatically. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this or, better yet, know how to fix this problem?

Also, I just noticed, when I open Windows Media Player and choose the "Burn" tab, there is a notice that says "Connect a burner and restart the Player." I have always had a CD burner and it has always worked. I burned a CD probably about a month ago with no problems.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with this! :)

Not that I recall, but I guess I'm not sure what all is entailed by "an update to drivers on your computer of any kind."

Either Windows asking you to perform an update and one of them was a driver update or you installed a new device or piece of hardware.

No new hardware, but I do run Automatic Updates. Is there a place where I can find a log of past updates?

You can find which ones you've downloaded online through the Windows Update catalog. Do you know what model of motherboard you have or if it's a prebuilt computer which make and model it is?

I'm sorry, I looked that over and I think it may be a little beyond my grasp:confused:

I guess I should mention here that my computer does seem to still function to the extent that I need, so maybe I am making too big a deal out of this. It just seemed a little strange to me, that's all.

Thanks for all of your input!

you system restore? although i forgot how to use it again so....google it there should be some sites that provides a guide for you =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom