Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCP

Beta member
Im wondering if either a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3650 100236L Video Card or a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro / 256MB GDDR2 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card would have any chance of being compatible with a Nivida Nforce2 Motherboard. (Note: this is my very first post so if i did something incorrectly with this post i apologize.)

Does the board have a PCI-Express slot? If it does then it will, it doesn't matter if the motherboard is an Nvidia chip set or ATI chip set. It only matters when your planning to Crossfire or SLI.

Hussein obviously has no clue what your talking about......That card will work with those motherboards but its agp which is the old standard. I wouldn't invest any money into that pc its too old just let the technology die you will be spending premium money (no longer the standard so not a very competitive market) for a component you can't transfer to your next pc. Unless you don't play any games at all I would save your cash for a newer complete system.

It'll work fine. The investment is up to you. You might just do best to put the cash towardsa a better system. You can get a nice upgrade to a dual core pci-e based system for around $200US if you swap in a few old parts. That would likely be a better long term investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom