E2140 Temps sooooo high?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have integrated graphics, which implies that you have a low end and or oem motherboard, which explains why you cant oc well. it isn't worth it to get a good s939 mobo so if you want to OC then I would recommend you wait until your next build.

And yeah 2.6ghz is bad for a core2, even the lowest of low ends can hit 3ghz.

Read the title of the thread. Also if 2.6ghz is as high as he can go. Then he'll have to live with it. But 2.6ghz should be able to handle gaming, multitasking, and etc.

Read the title of the thread. Also if 2.6ghz is as high as he can go. Then he'll have to live with it. But 2.6ghz should be able to handle gaming, multitasking, and etc.

Tru lol, he needs to update his sig.

2.6ghz is a fine speed sure. What I mean is, as far as average overclocks go, and what most people can be expected to reach, 2.6ghz is pretty lousy. He can do better if he fixes the cooling issue.

And using something a bit more adept than a G31 wouldn't hurt either.

Stupid mobo of mine won't let me past like 2.6 ghz :mad:

I should've been able to go very high now that my temps are undercontrol, but oh well.

His motherboard is holding him back. Thats why I m not advising him to go for 3.0ghz+

Sad to see his motherboard holding his CPU back :(

I use to get very low temps on my processor (40C-50C) and that was at 2.5 GHz. Now if I OC it to 2.5 GHz I get past 70C :eek:

The only thing I've done recently is put some MX-2 (rice grain-pea size shape on center of processor and pressed heatsink on) and upgraded mobo bios (GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L). What would cause this temp rise? I have the voltage control set to auto in the BIOS. Could this be the cause?

CPU-Z
Untitled.jpg

We are dealing with a E2140 you keep spacing out Zmatt lol. As far as Intel mother boards go. Thats your area so find him a nice one ;)

hahahahahahaha... oh oh my, that was hilarious to read. my sig is a joke. windows me? cmon, seriously? it's not the first time that has caused confusion though, haha, I should probably change it.

anyway, I did fix my temps (post #6), and the reason my mobo is holding me back is because a 2.66 ram multiplier and a 8x cpu freq multiplier doesn't go well together. i'll probably spend the cash on a new cpu with a higher frequency multiplier before I go and grab a new board (I like mine). The main thing I wanted to do was lower my temps which i did do thank goodness.

2.6 is fine for now on my e2140. I could really give my ram a run for their monies and go for 2.75, but i think i'll keep 2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom