The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DICE and LN2 is cheap man. DICE is about $2 a kilo and LN2 is like .22 cents a liter. But you don't use them for long term stuff. My point is, if you have to have something better than water to cool your machine you are passed what you can realistically run 24.7 anyways. to me phase is a waste of money. If you need phase you are in the realm of extreme overclocking which you don't run 24/7, you only get it stable enough to get a cpu-z screen shot and maybe a super pi run. If that is all it is stable enough to do then why spend $900 to cool it? When you can spend $20.

Umm dude, Walmart has Dry Ice.......... and as for LN2 the price is a function of the distance the plant is form where you live. If you live close to a University its no big deal, most of the time you can buy extra LN2 from them, provided you have a safe way to store it.

haha... zmatt's right... you live in any decent size city (or even close to one) you can get ln2 for pretty cheap (most places will even provide you with one of those temporary thermos kinda things if you havent got a proper vessel)... the reason people dont use ln2 is because it really is a hassle and the gear to actually do it right is the expensive part

no you dont need special gear for dry ice... really just alot of insulation, lest you short out your mobo... but dry ice is really cheap as anything... about AU$12 a kilo where i live

my country's expensive dude... might be able to get it cheaper in sydney anyways... not really sure about that... but the pot would be about the same kinda price

when you get that setup dont forget to insulate the back of the mobo really well nos... dont wanna short the thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom