Gpu - Quadro Fx5600 - Why Not Game - Technical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Workstation Cards aren't as good at gaming as gaming cards are, but it goes both ways, gaming cards aren't nearly as good at CAD and such

Nah Naga, you don't make games with a Quadro. Why would you develop a game around one type of card when it is meant for a completely different one? Workstation cards are made for CAD not Crysis.

He was probably refering to the computers they use to make the games, ie animation and 3d models. Programs like 3d studio max and maya greatly benifit from workstation cards, and they are use to make games and movies. They are often much more graphically intense than alot of CAD programs.

OK Some of the responses were great and I will study some more only for the sake of learning. I have the card running and it works great but if I were to want to change would 3 PCI-E cards of high quality in SLI work better?

yes and no. it will work better than a quadro card for gaming, but is ridiculously expensive and stupid.

+1!!

tri SLI is gonna run you at least $600 for anything decent... might as well just geta single Core 216 for less than half the price and get equal performance in most games because no game except FEAR really supports more than 2 cards... new games like Warhead, STALKER:CS and FC2 are all pretty hopeless when it comes to SLI until its fixed with new drivers (which could take forever)

so save yourself the money and get a sick single card!

tri sli is useless unless you're trying to have the biggest e-dong... just get 2 gtx280's or 2 gtx260 core216's if you really need sli..

apparently you havent been looking at 2560x1600 results

or crysis results.. crysis and tri-sli gives nice results.. check it out on xtreme systems or techpowerup forums ;)

also, tri-sli shines with hi AA and AF (16x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom