Problem Posting After Ram Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylinegtrv98

Baseband Member
Hi...I am having a lil problem with my computer. I recently purchased another 2 gigs of ram, and also another 1TB hard drive for my computer...Well I got the hard drive in and everything fine, and now that I had 4gb of ram I decided to go with vista 64bit....Well I heard that you should only install it with 2gb of ram in so that is what I did...Everything installed, and I even did the updates for it, and it runs fine with just 2 dimms or ram installed in Dimms 1 and 3, or 2 and 4....but when I put in my second set of Ram my computer fails to POST and just keeps beeping...Ohh...and all the ram modules work...I took turns switching them in and out to make sure that they were all working properly and it wasn't just a problem with bad ram...

my mother board is
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM S2h rev 1.1

cpu
AMD Athlon x2 64 6000+ 3.0 Ghz

my Ram is
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ - Retail

MY PSU
Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply - Retail

any help would be greatly appreciated...I really want to get this extra ram in and working...

Could be that it doesnt run in Dual Channel mode correctly. Is the new RAM you got able to run in Dual Channel Mode?

During start up it is reading it in Single Channel mode when it does boot...

EDIT: Found out what the problem was...memory is not supported by my mother board for dual channel...they should really include that kind of information in the manual instead of having to search for it online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom