Multi monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't listen to anyone else unless they meet the basic qualifications I am giving you here.

A: I have been using Microsoft flight sim for 10 years.
B: I have been using multi-monitors with flight sim for 7 years.
C: I am a member of VATSIM and have logged thousands of sim hours.
D: I regularly build my own PC's
E: I use a multitude of various sim-specific software that helps accomplish my goals for advanced flight simulation.
F: I have done a disgustingly large amount of research and homework to accomplish the goal of an 8-10 screen home flight simulator.
G: I have written two books, soon to be released, on building your own home cockpit, and how to build an advanced home based flight sim.
H: I have a fully enclosed two seat home simulator that I built for less than $1,000 in materials and PC's for about $1,500 each, 8 20" widescreen LCD's for $200 each, and a high quality DLP projector for $700.
I: My sim station can quickly be separated into 5 main parts each of which will fit through a 30" doorway.

If you aren't a troll this vomit is better than Norcent's.

Totally my new sig.

Is the setup that you have atm not working for you or under performing?

Edit: Have you bought the setup that i linked for you or are you still using the pre built computer?

Don't listen to anyone else unless they meet the basic qualifications I am giving you here.

A: I have been using Microsoft flight sim for 10 years.
B: I have been using multi-monitors with flight sim for 7 years.
C: I am a member of VATSIM and have logged thousands of sim hours.
D: I regularly build my own PC's
E: I use a multitude of various sim-specific software that helps accomplish my goals for advanced flight simulation.
F: I have done a disgustingly large amount of research and homework to accomplish the goal of an 8-10 screen home flight simulator.
G: I have written two books, soon to be released, on building your own home cockpit, and how to build an advanced home based flight sim.
H: I have a fully enclosed two seat home simulator that I built for less than $1,000 in materials and PC's for about $1,500 each, 8 20" widescreen LCD's for $200 each, and a high quality DLP projector for $700.
I: My sim station can quickly be separated into 5 main parts each of which will fit through a 30" doorway.

As far as this topic goes.. the buck stops here kids.

I can be reached at Captannemo@earthlink.net

TWO WORDS FOLKS --- BOO YOW.

Here endeth the lesson ....... sincerely -- SIM-SAMURAI :cool:

This guys sounds like a total D-bag. But good info though.

typical...someone comes to the forums and is like..."IKNOWEVERYTHINGTHEREISTOKNOWABOUTTHISYOUSHOULDLISTENTOMEANDNOTTHESERETARDSBECAUSEIAM OMNISCIENT"...
and then cant answer my simple questions. i feel jilted.

Just to chime in on the multiple monitor hook ups....Evga makes a USB adapter to add extra monitors, I use them here at work. It could get pricey if your wanting to add 5-10 My dept paid about $50 each for them. Easy to setup, and as long as you have a free USB port, you can keep adding the Evga USB Monitor adapter. Its easy as pie to set up and manage, it comes with a nice utility to customize how you want your multiple monitors to project your screen.

We got it through ebuyer.

Re: Multi-monitor help / Setting up a Multi-Screen Computer

Here is a great tutorial I found at Multi-Screens.com (A beginners introduction to Multiple Monitors)

The Three main ways to Setup Multiple Monitors

1) You can buy a pre-manufactured multiple monitor computer. The best place to purchase a multiple monitor computer is at:
SUPER-PC. They carry a multi-monitor computer line called SUPER-PC that can support from 2 to 12 monitors.

Multi-Screen Computer Systems

Multiple Monitor LCD Displays

2) You can get a USB to VGA Adapter, or USB to DVI Adapter that will allow you to add an extra monitor to your computer
via any USB2.0 Port. You can also add multiple extra monitors by using multiple adapters. This is a great option for viewing
documents, surfing the web, using Microsoft Office and many other business tasks. This is not a good option for intense
graphical situations such as HDTV, Blu-ray, Gaming and 3D / CAD Workstation applications. For those types of scenarios,
it is highly recommended that you purchase a high-powered multi-monitor workstation or a Matrox Dual or Triple Head2Go.

Multiple Monitor Adapters

3) You can replace or add an extra video card to your existing computer, depending on how many monitors you wish to support.
Although this sounds easy enough, this is a rather complex solution for a beginner, especially when trying to find a compatible
graphics card. For this reason, I am going to write an entirely seperate post on that topic and will link to it here, very soon.

Multi-Monitor Graphics Cards

Once you have your multiple monitor system set up and ready to use, you will need to enable all of your monitors in
your “Display Properties” Control Panel. Here is a great link to a complete and animated walkthrough of how to enable
your multiple monitors in Windows.

How to Setup Multiple Monitors (Instructions)

This is what it will look like when you are done:

Multi-Monitor Video Demo 1
Multi-Monitor Video Demo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom