The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dmark-19323.jpg

welp... i'm convinced i can hit 20k if i buy a quadcore now, and use windows xp instead of vista

I'm a fanboy thats willing to go intel and nvidia. **** im using a Q9650 and a 9800m right now. At the time the 9850 and the 4870's made more sense to get money wise. I knew that a Q6600 could outperform it but didnt care much, because my dream is to OC that baby to 3.4ghz and keep it stable. Anything over that would be beyond my wildest expectations.

I'm dling 3dmark 06 i want to see if I can beat that. Your score is what I mean by the 5870 making it or breaking it for ATI. As the 260 gets within price range of the 4850 it's going to be taking ATI's progress along with it.

Yeah NOS aren't you the one that Hitler hates because your always out-grading him?

Gratz on the 6000 cpu score too I cant even believe you hit that. **** gratz on the 20k that's even better lol.

Yeah NOS aren't you the one that Hitler hates because your always out-grading him?

Gratz on the 6000 cpu score too I cant even believe you hit that. **** gratz on the 20k that's even better lol.

thats not my score!!! LOL...

my score with my e8500 @ 4.2 and gtx 260 was only 17770 or something of the sort... LOL.. and this is only a core 196 not 216.... i will be buying a core 216 for my master card though... i've read it still gives improvements even with the core 196...

and i think mid november i'll have my tri-sli ready to go... if not that.. then at least gtx 260 sli with 2 water cooling loops.. glad i bought that 1kw psu.. cuz imma need it

i think i might just buy stalin's q6700 and get on with it

yes sir... i think i'm going to install xp and give 3dmark06 another shot tonite.. 18.5k definitely seems possible with 4.5ghz, windows xp, and higher clocks on the 260

what is ur score for 3dmark06 norcrawler

and random question.. ur from up north right... how often do people get hyphy on the hoods of their car up there... lol

That Q6700 would put u way above 23k your kidding yourself more like 24.5 seeing how you want to O.C.

Okay man I'm somewhat a noob at this watercooling thing but two loops means two pumps two take the load off of one right? If so then for two loops yes you will need 1kw **** thats going to waste a crap load of electricity. Why not go phase change already for your cpu and make your pc a uber beast. Curious what rads and pumps are you using? Is it a Koolance setup?

So the 180 drivers do give you a better score in 06? I tried them but Far Cry 2 wouldnt even load.

That Q6700 would put u way above 23k your kidding yourself more like 24.5 seeing how you want to O.C.

Okay man I'm somewhat a noob at this watercooling thing but two loops means two pumps two take the load off of one right? If so then for two loops yes you will need 1kw **** thats going to waste a crap load of electricity. Why not go phase change already for your cpu and make your pc a uber beast. Curious what rads and pumps are you using? Is it a Koolance setup?

So the 180 drivers do give you a better score in 06? I tried them but Far Cry 2 wouldnt even load.

pumps hardly waste anything... i need a 1kw psu for tri sli ;)

and i don't know, i never tried older drivers on 3dmark06 yet.. i should do so

ewww koolance.. gross... lol

it says in my sig what i'm running... my rad is only a blackice extreme 120.2 with 2 120cfm delta fans.. for my second loop i'll be grabbing a mcr 120.3 rad with 3 135cfm scythe ultra kaze's fans.. and another liang d5 pump

not gonna say it sucks.. i havent tried it myself.. but i guess word is they don't use all copper for their blocks.... or something of the sort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom