Need a low end computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultraseamus

Beta member
I want to buy or build a new computer for my mom, she does some internet surfing, occasionally plays some online flash games, and preforms general tasks with high resolution pictures form her digital camera.

That covers the basics of what she would use this computer for. She already has a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. And I want something that can do everything she needs to do without any problems, with a little wiggle room in case she gets into something that needs a bit more power.

Basically I am pretty confident that 5 year old technology would probably suffice. I do not want to skimp on quality and want to make sure this computer lasts her a solid 5-10 years with no issues. I know enough about computers that if the cheapest/best method would be building it from scratch I would not have a problem with that.

I rambled on a bit, but I wanted to make sure I gave a good idea of what I am looking for. I would be happy staying under $500, and would be very pleased if I could get it even lower (which I doubt). I want to keep her on XP, but the chance is there of having to "upgrade" to vista (OS not included in price), which I know sucks up resources. Any suggestions how I should go about this?

That looks perfect, and much cheaper then I was thinking. My main problem is being worried about different parts being compatible, which I assume these are. But it brings me to my last question, I have had issues in the past with having a mother board which was the wrong size for a case, I assume that this is rare, but is there a good way I can make sure that everything will fit correctly in whatever case I buy? Aside form that thank you very much for your fast and extremely helpful response.

first off, no problem, glad to help. and that motherboard is ATX so as long as you get either a mid tower or full tower case it will fit it fine. and since the only other issue would be a graphics card you'll be fine putting it in any mid/full tower. as far as other compatibility they are all compatible and will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom