Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his ram's stock timings are 5-6-6-15 at 1100mhz which isn't to loose.

the advanced timings are what'll get you the really good bandwidth tho... if he can get the Static tRead (aka Performance Level or tRD) to 6 or 7 and the tRRD down to around 4, the bandwidth will be awesome... but its pretty hard to find the tightest RAM timings possible at that speed

but SuperPi has a maximum theoretical bandwidth usage limit (around 6600MB/s), so the timings dont matter if you can get the RAM speed up (825MHz will almost guarantee you 6600MB/s, so its really not hard). Another important factor to remember for SuperPi is HDD Speed... again this has a theoretical maximum (its around 115MB/s, so any RAID0 will get the job done)...

so really running, a rig with 2 HDDs in RAID0 and memory above 825MHz will make your SuperPi times limited solely by your CPU clock (and to a tiny extent the actual FSB and latencies)

i dunno man i seem to have gotten better results with ram running 1000+mhz versus 800mhz at the same clock. actually, i know i have. its how i broke 30 seconds.

thats what im saying man... if you run your RAM at higher clocks, the timings dont matter so much

at 1150mhz 5,5,5,15 performance level 8 i can get around 9500-9700 read, and over 10k write and copy.

My p35 board had much better memory performance :/ but still...the p45 has other strengths

im thinking i might get a dry ice setup in the next little while and go nuts on an old P4-540 (Prescott) i just found!... should be fun!!

Just waiting on selling some parts so i can grab a new cooler then i'm gonna see how much farther i can push this little e2200.

Can run 3.2ghz but with my ocz vanquisher & 1.55v i'm hitting 62*c :(

Still trying to find a vdroop mod for this stupid mobo also but its not looking too promising :mad:

Just waiting on selling some parts so i can grab a new cooler then i'm gonna see how much farther i can push this little e2200.

Can run 3.2ghz but with my ocz vanquisher & 1.55v i'm hitting 62*c :(

Still trying to find a vdroop mod for this stupid mobo also but its not looking too promising :mad:

Got a Sunbeam Core Contact on the way :D Too bad all I have is my X2 4800+. Which will probably reach its peak OC potential at 3.2ghz~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom