*** FarCry 2 BENCH THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ it does not use the Crytek engine....and nvidia cards still seem to be doing well actually

CryEngine_family_tree.png

Yes it does. Its a modified off shoot.

The reason the Nvidia cards don't have an unfair advantage is because its not Cry2, which was purposely coded in favor of Nvidia cards.

cryengine1 and cryengine2 are wayyyyy different.

And dunia uses very little code from cryengine one....therefore being its own engine.

both brands seem to do pretty well... but because ATI rushed out they're new drivers in an attempt to get better support for this game, they bodged the CF settings (except the 4870X2 still gets decent support, but regular CF doesnt... strange i thought)... but comparing all single cards... everything's pretty level here, so you can expect to see a bit more competition here than in the Crysis thread

Well the point of a benchmark thread is to compare setups on an even playing ground...so benching at different settings and a lower resolution really doesn't help anyone....

you should make a proper benchmark thread gurusan... or clean this one up... i would, but my edit own posts power runs out after a day or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom