Double screen help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrick007

Solid State Member
I just got another monitor, and just now relized that i don't need it, but before i rule it out lets see if you guys can come up with a useful way for me to incorporate it into my system.

So i have it set to use both screens individualy, but the smaller one doesn't have a task bar like i wanted. is there anyway to put one on there? and also can i set it up to use two individual desktop backgrounds, or do i just have to do the stupid trick were you put two backgrounds together, then save it as one and use that?

Thanks in advance for the help, i obviously have no background in using two monitors whatsoever, but i'm doing my best :)

Are you running an ATI or Nvidia card?

I can only say for nvidia (cant remeber my ati days) which can not expand the taskbar across two screens, but it did try it once along time ago with ati, and trust me - it wasnt any good.

As for having differnet backgrounds, yes, you have to save them together as one image - its a windows limitation unfortunately.

Third party software is the only way to get an extra toolbar on the screen not possible through nvidia controlpanel to my knowledge
Multimon - free
ultramon - trial 30 days

Never used multimon so can't comment but ultramon will let you setup individual backgrouds, individual screensavers. Remembers where the last program was running so it opens on the same monitor again i.e. msn on the secondary monitor. Display profiles so that you can quickly switch between different configs. It does everything you could need from a multiple monitor setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom