Should I push the CPU farther?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me preface this by saying this is NOT VERIFIED STABLE. I ran SuperPi, and did a few things without trouble, but HAVE NOT RAN ANY REAL STRESS TESTS YET.

OCimage9.JPG

Ya, I know. I just got the E7200. I'm going to wait 'til this weekend to install it though. Then I'll really push it too.

I just got this cpu and have some questions. I saw that XDRoX used a very high vcore, can vcores this high damage the motherboard? I just had my board RMA'd and dont want to do it again. Also, regarding superpi times, does the FSB have anything to do with the time? or are shortened times a result of a higher clock rate?

vcore can damage your motherboard... but only when its really (i mean REALLY) absurdly high... 1.8V like this guy had is alot... but it wont hurt the mobo (possibly the CPU tho). SuperPi times are mainly governed by the CPU's clock speed, but the HDD read/write speed, the RAM bandwidth and, lastly, the FSB also come into play...

so if you have 2 setups identical in every possible way except one has a high FSB and low multiplier and the other has a low FSB and higher multiplier (to give the same overall clock speed), generally the higher FSB will win... but FSB is only a very small factor as a whole

I just got this cpu and have some questions. I saw that XDRoX used a very high vcore, can vcores this high damage the motherboard? I just had my board RMA'd and dont want to do it again. Also, regarding superpi times, does the FSB have anything to do with the time? or are shortened times a result of a higher clock rate?

That high of a vcore may not damage you motherboard but it can kill your cpu. I wouldn't go that high unless you are willing to buy a new cpu if it dies on you.

Whoa.. who bought this back up...

Well XDRox was just seeing how high he can go... he had no experience in overclocking and crazily/selfishly went to 1.77 core to get 3.7ghz.. I do not recommend even going near that, unless you have the dough to pay for another one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom