Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only reason i see it resonable to get a p45 is for duel core 45nm ocer cloking other wise a 750i ftw will handle quad over clocking very very well. i still think my memory has a factor in stability but it isnt based on the memory clocks.

That's BS and you know it. Look at Bongwizard's OC. 3.7ghz on a quad with a Gigabyte P45. that's close to 500mhz fsb. That is more than impressive.

Here is mine:

Processor: e7200
Stepping: 6
Revision: M0
VID: 1.1
Final Clock: 4.1Ghz (435.5 X 9.5)
Final Vcore: 1.52 Volts

Power supply: Corsair 550vx
MotherBoard: Biostar TP45
RAM: OCZ Golds (DDR2 1100 2X 1Gb)
RAM Speed: 870mhz
Timmings: 5-5-5-15
RAM to FSB: One TO One
Final RAM Voltage: 2.1 Volts

Stress testing program: Prime95
Hour of Stability: 7 hours
Idle Temparture: 38C
Max Load Temparture: 45C
Reason for Stress Test End: Manual

Heatsink: Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer
Thermal Paste: TX-2
Lapped Heatsink: no (can't)
Lapped Processor: no

superpi.jpg

matt i've had darn close to 500fsb on my q6600 with my 680i.. i see no reason why a 780i can't do it.. i had 467fsb onmy q6600... no far at all from 500... and the only thing that held it back was its lack of voltage options... and that lack of options will be crushed once i have my 780i :)

I didn't say that they were bad at it. I was challenging Poizen's statement that P45s were somehow inferior. They are jsut as capable with a quad. And there is plenty of evidence to support that.

I didn't say that they were bad at it. I was challenging Poizen's statement that P45s were somehow inferior. They are jsut as capable with a quad. And there is plenty of evidence to support that.

i didnt say they where inferior what so every i said the p45 is great for duel cores, and probably what i should have said is the 750i is just as good as a p45, when it comes to quad over clocking because they all max out around 525 fsb. ive gotten 475fsb stable but my temps are horible so i chose not to leave it up there. on liquid i could probably go even higher.

Yeah when I oc I keep the ram down until I get stable, then I bring it back up. I recommend Nos try this method, he may be able to hit 5ghz. But he will have to update his BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom