upgrade potential 610

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
wellwith my board out im taking oportunity to upgrade, now i foudn a buyer for my 8800gts, for 125. im thinking of selling him my q6600 laped for 235(good batch 1.215vid), its 272 here new. im also retuning a 250$ camera in total that give me 610$ for a new cpu/gpu. canadian prices have shot way up, looking at about 420 $ for a q9450 :( and 440 for a q9550, and finaly close to 380 for a gtx260 or hd 4870, alltho im considering stalins gpus for 225 that or a bfg gtx260 for 279.99 at futureshop. but that doesnt leave me much for a cpu, im thinking i should just sell my gpu and keep my cpu for now and be happy with either 9800gtx sli or gtx260 for 279, alltho with the canadian dollar down il be paying 289 for the 9800gtx sli still a great deal tho.

I wonder if the 9800GTX sli will outperform a GTX 260. Anybody know?

aswell do i, i think with a descent oc it should. the gtx260 is cheaper to currently id need to pay stalin 289 due to the sudden drop in the canadian dollar :( 79c. where as i can get the gtx260 for 279.99 + tax with vantage and fc2.

forget the quads unless u need them for cad or editing, just run a e8500 and a 4870, better than both choices. and i hope your not talking about the vanilla gtx 260, because thats discontinued now and isnt that great compared to a 4870 untill overclocked heavily .

2 9800GTXs should outperform a single regular 260, or even a Core 216 (but that kinda depends on what you wanna judge performance on... 3DMark GTXs will beat 260s, but in games, the 260 usually wins), but if you get GTX+s, its a whole different story... they'll beat a single Core 216 in 3DMark and perform usually equally in games... but OC'd i'm not really sure... imho i'd get the Core 216 because the framebuffer will perform better, which is what gives it the edge over the 9800s in gaming... if you wanna do video conversion and editing, you'll want a quad, but if you get a new dual (8400 or 8500 are good deals now) you'll be able to OC further and the higher clock will give you better performance in normal situations... but you'll want a good heatsink regardless... i'd recommend the Arctic Cooling Extreme Frteezer, the SunBeam Core Contact Freezer or the Noctua NH-U12P for some serious performance

il just be picking up a gtx 260, and from wghat i know the vanilla isnt discontinued but il be getting a max core from bfg, at a local retaiuler and ima stick with my quad for now, i love it to much. any hd 4870 i can find are all very very $$$ here almost 400 $ now due ot the sudden and horrible drop of our dollar. :(

il be getting a max core from bfg(

the BFG OCX MaxCore is an absolutely amazing card... between the extra 24 shader cores, the top quality cooler, and the factory OC, this card is already performing so much better than the reggie, but then you add the aftermarket OC, push it to the limit and you've got a card that will perform almost about 30% better than the straight 260 in Vantage and about 10-20% better in the real world (Crysis)... so i gotta say... nice choice!

at 279 i can go wrogn either, i had no idea the max core had a diferent cooler looks teh same to me, anyway i would have gotten a hd4870 but they are close to 400$ where ever i look online, or retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom