Vsync on or off for better performance???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off, definately. However, if you have refresh issues, you may want to have Vsync on. You will have lower framerates, but you won't have the annoying refresh lines. I doubt it would matter on your computer anyway, Major...lol. One question, How do you run Windows XP on that machine?

how do I run XP....I heard that question a thousend times :)
It just...runs almost acceptable for normal apps like IE, Word...etc etc......BTW...the reason why I asked for Vsync: I installed the newest drivers for my graphics card, and now I can adjust all this stuff...normally I don't install the drivers because I'm not gaming, although I know up-to-date drivers are always better.....And..an 2 hours ago I OC'ed my mem-clock and GPU-clock both with 20MHz..lol both from 110 > 130....I don't notice any difference while benchmarking, but it wanted to try it (first time)
My main bottleneck is my CPU ofcourse...

TM

Yep - vSync limits your frames so that they are all synchronized. This removes image tearing. You will see a lot of this in Doom3.

Yeah, it is definitely apparent in Doom 3. I noticed a huge difference in how smooth the game looked with vsync because it elimintated all of the horizontal tearing. Not that this matters much to major, but yes it will hurt your performance a little but will make things a lot nicer looking and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom