AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Of course i have an aftermarket cooler..the black edition doesnt come with a stock heatsink.

Ive ran 3.1ghz before and with the right voltage i could do 3.2ghz...but it really makes no difference in everyday performance...only 3dmark06 and benchmarks.

if ur constantly video editing and unzipping files it'll make a difference

is OCing my CPU killing the lifespan of it? It runs at good temp!

When you have good temps the next biggest thing that you need to worry about is voltages. Running your voltage over spec is always a little risky and running it past the safe voltage max will hurt it to some degree. Personally I think like everything else Intel under rates the max safe voltage of their chips, and that they will operate fine a little higher than published, their real TDP is lower than rated also so whats not to say this is true? But doing things like running 1.5, 1.6 or heaven forbid more volts through your chip will hurt it and will speed up electromigration.

Electromigration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you have good temps the next biggest thing that you need to worry about is voltages. Running your voltage over spec is always a little risky and running it past the safe voltage max will hurt it to some degree. Personally I think like everything else Intel under rates the max safe voltage of their chips, and that they will operate fine a little higher than published, their real TDP is lower than rated also so whats not to say this is true? But doing things like running 1.5, 1.6 or heaven forbid more volts through your chip will hurt it and will speed up electromigration.

Electromigration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it's 1.52v so my computer to have better stability. It wasnt 100% stable at 1.45v.

i seriously ran my cpu at 1.6v before and it was idling at like 65c. so now nv monitor says it's at 1.59v sometimes even tho it's 1.3 in the bios.

i had mine at 1.75 on my e8500.. scared the crap out of me.. all in trying to get 5.0 ghz... thought it was my cpu the whole time.. but it was my ram holding me back

no i did not get 5.0ghz... my ram did not wanna clock past near ddr 1100

and temps idle were about 47 in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom