Upgrades again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrakal

Beta member
Im hoping to upgrade my graphics card and im hoping for some suggestions
System Specs now:
RAM: 4gb (yea i know it doesnt make sense for this much ram on a 32-bit OS)
CPU: Q6600 Core 2 Quad @ 2.4ghz
Graphics: Geforce 7500 LE
Mobo: PCI-e compatible

Any suggestions?

yea how much do u want to spend on a gfx card

but either way ur prolly gonna get suggested a 4580 or 4870 cuz there great cards for the price

also what psu do u have? what wattage is it if u dont know

Or a 9600 GSO/9600 GT if your low on cash. Ati also 4670's performing very well for 128 bit bus cards which hover around 80$~. Old Gen cards like the 3850, 3870, and 8800 GT are also all hovering around 100$.

So this would be the best time to find a open box 3870 or 8800 GT and get your gaming on.

the new ATI Radeon HD 4830 will perform just slightly better than the NV 9600/9800GT for the same price (around $120-130 i believe), and the 4850 will perform as well as the 9800GTX+, again around the same price (about $150-175)... what you go with really depends on your preference (i personally prefer ATI cards)

if you wanna OC that CPU, make sure its the E0 stepping version, and get a P45 based board... i'd suggest the BioStar TPower I45, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R/P or the Asus P5Q Pro/Deluxe (which you get depends on what features you want)... They'll get you some great performance outta that CPU (around 4GHz pretty easily)

if you go with an Intel chipset, i'd recommend an ATI card, because it will give you the option to setup CF later if you need to.

budget would be pretty high...iunno $400-500 i guess. thanx for the suggestions guys btw has anyone invested in the nv GTXs? are they worth the money? also would dual cards be a good idea thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom