Looking to buy a vid card... low on money :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

monklerman

Baseband Member
I need a good performance video card for such games as... doom3, half-life 2, cs 2, etc...

I currently have the geforce fx 5200 256mb and it lags while playing doom3 like mad... I was thinking about getting the ATI Radeon 9600xt, Ive heard great things of it. I was just wondering if you think I should go with an nvidia or an ATI card.

My budget is $200ish... All suggestions are great!

i suggest that u spend an xtra $22 an get a ATI Radeon 9800PRO vid card from newegg. itz worth it!!

uhm.. what kind of gaming do you want? If you want crap graphics then go with an FX card.. anyone from this forum will most likely agree that the the 9x00 series from ATI would beat and FX series in the same.. class.. If you want to spend less money then go ahead with a 9600 Pro or xt like you posted, but as derfist said, you should spend the extra money to get the 9800 Pro, you won't find anything better for the price

Demalii said:
uhm.. what kind of gaming do you want? If you want crap graphics then go with an FX card.. anyone from this forum will most likely agree that the the 9x00 series from ATI would beat and FX series in the same.. class.. If you want to spend less money then go ahead with a 9600 Pro or xt like you posted, but as derfist said, you should spend the extra money to get the 9800 Pro, you won't find anything better for the price

What about the xfx 6800? Thats $278 on newegg... that seems like it would own the 9800pro... Do you think I should save the money and get the 6800?

definitely!! 6800 owns all (in their class . . . obviously an x800xt pe beats a regular 6800)

i say save!

eh, its just hard cuz I have a low paying job... paying for college, apartment, food, clothes, and everything else... just hard to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom