Quad Core & Q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember good ol' drizzt... he couldnt get past 3.0 ghz because his board was not an A1.... if it isnt an A1... it isnt meant for a quad core... even says on the box... has overclocking feature and under the quad core column.... quad cores is not check for overclocking ;)

Ya all because he wanted to save $30 bucks on a 680i SE haha

hey sorry i didnt read this entire post but if ur wondering about mb voltages this is what i used, its taken my q6700 to 4.0. also mg cook gave me these and i also found that the p30 bios was the best for me, im not sure if the newer ones are better but the p30 works for me so im happy
for more go here: http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/q6600-g0-680i-wont-go-above-2-8-a-166618/

rememver ur cpu core and memory will prolly be different
mattspictures304io3.jpg

oh the old 680i bios.. how i miss it!

whats the vid on your cpu

me? my q6600 was 1.200, my q6700 is 1.2875 i would have gone farther then 4.0 but i was getting ram problems cuz i forgot to sync

and yes this bios is sooooooooo simple!!!! i love it great board for a new oc'er, i guess all nv boards are though

Well, I flashed my bios to P30, Worked fine boots up fine, But when I set my **** to what the images are in that other thread, It will boot but bsod right after windows loads and reboot. :/ Guess I'll have to take it easier.

**** I thought that too, I turned that thing up to 1.45 and still lol. I reloaded defaults to start over, And I'll take one step at a time this time round so I can see which setting is causing it.

For some reason before I done all this the other day, I somehow got my Q6600 STABLE at 2.8 running Prime95 with a burn in... WAS FINE but the next day... Randomly I wasn't doing anything really demanding and bam reboot... Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom