hd dieing i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
i just had a 400gig seagate die on me after clicking for a month. i knew it was going becuase of the clicking. Now, i turn on my wd 750g and its clicking too. whats the chances its going to die also?

yeah, and if it does die on you, ive heard putting them in a plastic baggy and sticking them in the freezer gives you a chance of getting on your hard drive real quick and being able to quickly grab your stuff.

i dont know. it fixed a bad chip of ram once. i froze it for a couple of days and thawed it out and now it works. i dont know how it just does. as far as a hdd i dont know

ok....ijust got a new 500 seagate. its clicking after a week. so now thats three hd's that are clicking. one of which has died. is my luck just **** or am i making to much out of a little sound?

Once you freeze it you should put it in the oven at 425° for 20 minutes. That makes them the tastiest.

JK dont do that. Download seatools diagnostics and run it on there. Back up the important files first incase somehow running seatools kills the drive.

I don't know dude, I would return it. I've had one click before, and it was dead. I'm not an expert on this kinda thing, but I wouldn't trust it if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom