Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!! (56K Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!!

of course i do, reliance of cache ;)

although the cache of pentium 4's did not help them at all :p

and i think now would be a good time to release the 4x4 once again with deneb coming out.. would be a great idea

and man peter.. ur overclocking thread gets more attention than mine :p

the architectural matters more in super pi. my 940 does it in about 39sec and that's 4mb of l2. and it's smoked by a celery processor

consider the core of the single cache, not combined

and cache plays a big roll in super pi with intel cpu's (also consideration of architecture)

take a look at e7200 difference to e8500

yes. what i'm saying is i have 2mb of l2 per core. and that gets me 39sec. didnt zmat get like 12sec on his run vs your 9sec run? i can see where cache comes in to play. but i think it is more based on your architecture.

my e7200 got smoked by a 9550 running at like .3ghz less cause of the cache difference. I was really bummed cause I knew I should have waited for another paycheck and gotten an e8600 or something and really gotten the record.. but I'm happy with the score i got on my e7200 w/ stock cooling.

Sad part about all this is the most expensive part of my rig is the cooler ^.^

Got back from work a few minutes ago, booting up at 3.4ghz and I'm gonna make sure that's sorta stable and then figure out if I need 1.7v to boot up at 3.6 :/

gonna install 3dmark06 in a bit and get those numbers up.

smoked my first cig today, coughed for a minute (seriously) and will never do it again. after the second drag.. lol. it was grody.

Also why does my VID not show up in coretemp?

my old rig. I had a e7200, dfi dk-p35, 2900pro, 4gb super talent ram.

now i've got the celly 430, 2gb value ram, p35-ds3r, and a pny 9600gt.

first run of 3dmark06 proved that this chip isn't very high powered, but isn't a slouch either.. clocked at 3.45 and paired with a stock 9600gt my score was 7017. With some tweaking I'd like to hit 10k. Realistically 8.5k is about as high as I'm gonna get with this setup..

on top of all this I can't get a clock to boot past 3.45.... it's super stable there, but ANYTHING past it doesn't wanna work.. I'm thinking ram issues..

so why are you downgrading? and smoking SUCKS all you do i cough and it smells horrible

smoking is grody... but yeah i would say i upgraded because hte e7200 rig was traded for an hdtv and ps3 (60gb) so that was well worth it. and i had this stuff laying around, minus the gfx card, cpu, psu and cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom